There was a huge thing of Paella made for a 15 year farmers market birthday bash in DuPont.
Let's get out the blender for a few minutes.
Blueberry puree, sugar, butter, egg, ricotta.
A little gentle folding and then...
into the oven.
Blueberry Pancake Cookies:
*makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 (4 tablespoons) stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup non-fat ricotta cheese
1 cup whole blueberries
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a blender or food process, puree 1/2 cup blueberries.
3. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. In the large bowl cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, beating until incorporated. Add the ricotta cheese, blueberry puree, and vanilla extract. Beat to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients and then gently fold in the remaining 1/2 cup blueberries.
5. Line a baking sheets with parchment paper. Spoon the dough (about 2 tablespoons for each cookie) onto the baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes, until slightly golden at the edges. Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 20 minutes.
6. Combine the powdered sugar and maple syrup in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2-teaspoon onto each cookie and use the back of the spoon to gently spread. Let the glaze harden for about 2 hours. Pack the cookies into a decorative container.