Sometimes you just need to chop up a candy bar and throw it in some cookies...
Throw them in the oven and take a breather...
Maybe read a book while these do their thing in the oven...
Some days its just easier to drag your self out of bed and go for that run that you have been saying you are going to every morning for the past week...
Other days you role over and say there is always tonight...
Sometimes you need to wear a little white before Memorial Day...
(I may or may not have wished I was going on a boat ride, instead of to work.)
Sometimes you look at your cookbooks and can't begin to decide what to make...
Then there are the days where you just have to stop and keep things simple...like with these cookies. Take chocolate chip cookie dough, minus the chocolate chips, add chopped Milky Way bar...done. If you want to get just a bit complicated/fancy, lets wrap a slice of Milky Way in cookie dough then top with another slice of Milky Way. Easy...right? Give them a try...or next time just slice up your favorite candy bar. Enjoy!
You can do these cookies one of two ways...smash the Milky Way into cookie and cover with more dough...
chop of the Milky Way and fold into the dough...
Chopped up Milky Way Cookie.
Milky Way in the middle cookie topped with another slice of Milky Way.
Fresh out of the oven...on the left is chopped Milky Way Cookie...on the right Milky Way in the middle cookie.
Milky Way Cookies:
*makes approximately 20 cookies
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 Milky Way Candy bar, either sliced into 1/8 inch slice or chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
3. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla until well incorporated.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Now is the time to determine whether you want Milky Way in the middle or chopped Milky Way bar cookies.
For cookie in the middle place one ball of dough in the palm of your hand and flatten out. Place a 1/8 inch slice of milky in the middle and place another ball of dough on top and form around cookie. Top with a 1/8 inch slice of Milky Way.
For chopped cookies, now is the time you would fold in you chopped Milky Way pieces.
6. Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop dough onto a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy!