Happy work week! Well tomorrow is Friday, thank goodness! This week was...birthday cake...strawberry infused vodka...granola...and hopefully some sort of apple cake this weekend. This week has been a lot of work and and hopefully a fun weekend ahead. My dad is coming to town! There will be biking, sightseeing, kayaking and hopefully sunny days! So, this is short and sweet. I hope everyone has a great weekend! Oh and about this granola. It is gluten-free, pumpkiny, nutty and delicious! Next time I will add more cinnamon. Give it try, you will like it! Oh and it is super easy.
Dry ingredients all set.
Wet ingredients ready to go.
Let's just mix it all up.
By the way, you can totally share with a friend. This granola would make a great little surprise for anyone.
Gluten-free Pumpkin Granola: (adapted from With Style and Grace)
*makes approximately 8-9 cups of granola
4 cups gluten-free rolled oats (I used Trader Joe's brand)
1 cup walnuts
1/4 cup sunflower seeds toasted
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together gluten-free oats, chopped walnuts, toasted sunflower seeds, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until well combined.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, canned pumpkin, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract until well combined.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in stages and using spatula fold and mix the wet into the dry ingredients until everything is coated. If the mixture seems dry add extra applesauce, 1/4 cup at a time.
5. Spread the granola mixture onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and mix granola using spatula for more even baking and rotate pans. Bake for an additional 18-20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool. Stir in the raisins and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!