The cake fresh out of the oven.
Blueberry Yogurt Cake (or Blueberry Coffee Cake): (adapted from Shutterbean)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
1 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until well combined
3. Whisk the vanilla and eggs into the butter and sugar until well combined.
4. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts.
6. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, just until combined. Mix in the yogurt, just until combined. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
7. Pour one half of the batter into the prepared baking pan. Then spread 1/2 of the streusel on top of the batter. Top with the remaining batter, then cover the top of the cake with the rest of the streusel.
8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Best served warm. Enjoy!